David Deida’s The Way of the Superior man is over 20 years old but still considered up-to-date, and a classic.
The way he connects the dots between male and female in a spiritual context, sex, submission, and dominance is something special, nobody has achieved so far.
Hence why I decided to put some of the best The Way of The Superior Man Quotes together.
His book opened my eyes to a lot of things between the sexes, and improved my personal relationship to my wife tenfold, if not more.
I have recommended his book multiple times, but especially in the 8 must-read books for married men, his book has its special place.
1. “You may not know your mission, but unless you discover this deep purpose and live it fully, your life will feel empty at its core, even if your intimate relationship and family life are full of love.”
2. “The masculine wants to feel the bliss of a life lived at the edge, and if he doesn’t have the balls to do it himself, he’ll watch it on TV, in sporting events and cop shows.”
3. “The “mission” or the search for freedom is the priority of the masculine, whereas the search for love is the priority of the feminine.”
4. “You have to animate the masculine and feminine differences if you want to play in the field of sexual passion.”
5. “If men and women are clinging to a politically correct sameness even in moments of intimacy, then sexual attraction disappears.”
6. “Limited money and family obligations have never stopped a man who really wanted to do something.”
7. “A superior man is free in feeling and action, even amidst great pain and hurt.”
8. “A man must love his father and yet be free of his father’s expectations and criticisms in order to be a free man.”
9. “Where a man’s edge is located is less important than whether he is actually living his edge in truth, rather than being lazy or deluded.”
10. “Make your life an ongoing process of being who you are, at your deepest, most easeful levels of being.”
11. “A man should never betray his own deepest knowledge and intuition in order to please his woman or “go along” with her.”
12. “Your mission is your highest priority in life. Unless you know your mission and have aligned your life to it, your core will feel empty.”
13. “Your fear is the sharpest definition of your self.”
14. “The way a man penetrates the world should be the same way he penetrates his woman: not merely for personal gain or pleasure, but to magnifiy love, openness and depth.”
15. “A man’s capacity to receive another man’s direct criticism is a measure of his capacity to receive masculine energy.”
16. “Without a conscious life-purpose a man is totally lost, drifting, adapting to events rather than creating events.”
17. “Each purpose, each mission, is meant to be fully lived to the point where it becomes empty, boring, and useless. Then it should be discarded. This is a sign of growth, but you mistake it for a sign of failure.”
18. “A man should, of course, be a full participant in caring for children and the household. But if he gives up his deepest purpose to do so, ultimately, everyone suffers.”
19. “If you forget your larger purpose while pursuing small and endless tasks of daily life, then you have reduced yourself to a machine of picayune.”
20. “Every moment of your life is either a test or a celebration. The same is true about every moment with your woman.”
21. “For a man, not saying the truth is lying. The “truth” of the feminine is whatever she is really feeling, in this present moment.”
22. “The masculine grows with challenge, but the feminine grows with praise.”
23. “When a man resigns, and simple tolerates his woman’s self-destructive moods, it is a sign of weakness.”
24. “90 percent of a woman’s emotional problems stem from feeling unloved. Fix her feelings, not her problems.”
25. “One of the deepest feminine desires in intimacy is precisely not to have to always figure it out for her man and guide him. She wants to be able to trust him in his direction.”
26. “When a woman gets emotionally intense, a mediocre man wants to calm her down and discuss it. A superior man penetrates her mood with imperturbable love and unwavering consciousness.”
27. “The point in intimacy is not simply to make the best decision, but to make the best decision while maintaining the force of masculine/feminine polarity that attracted you together to begin with.”
28. “When feminine/masculine polarity disappears, attraction disappears, and the life of the intimacy disappears with it.”
29. “If you feel uncomfortable with your attraction to women, you are probably uncomfortable with your own masculine essence.”
30. “Feminine women may seem wild, untrustable, or even irresponsible from a man’s perspective, but such women are simply free of the masculine need to live in a world governed by reason and control.”
31. “If you have a strong masculine sexual essence, you will need frequent refreshment by the power of strong feminine energy or else you will begin to feel weary and burdened by life.”
32. “Your desire for other women is not a reflection of any lack in your intimacy, it is a reflection of your nature as a masculine sexual being.”
33. “Traditionally, young women were understood to offer a man a particularly rejuvenative quality of energy.”
34. “Different women offer different kinds of feminine energy. And one of the simplest forms of this difference is the difference between hot and cool feminine energy.”
35. “If a man wants a woman who doesn’t want him, he cannot win. His neediness will undermine any possible relationship, and his woman will never be able to trust him.”
36. “Sometimes a woman will make a request of her man in plain English, not to get him to do something, but to see if he is so weak that he will do it.”
37. “The thing your woman is complaining about is rarely the thing your woman is complaining about.”
38. “A woman really wants her man to be totally dedicated to his highest purpose – and also love her fully.”
39. “A man’s track record means nothing to the feminine. A man could be perfect for ten years, but if he’s an asshole for thirty seconds his woman acts like he’s always been one.”
40. “The man doesn’t have to do all the work, but he must be able to steer the course if his woman is going to relax into her femininity without fear.”
41. “To live free in spirit, you must be willing to face your fears and let go of anything that limits your love.”
42. “The attachment to comfort is what limits most men in their capacity to make a spiritual touchdown.”
I would highly recommend you read the whole book yourself. It has deep, profound knowledge on how to operate life as a man.